Welcome to your new home! Please review the New Tenant Handbook.
Move-Ins at Our City Properties
To pick up your keys, come to our leasing office located at 4 Bayard Road Unit 1, Pittsburgh, PA 15213.
- You can move in the day your lease starts or any day after but not earlier.
- Only tenants on the lease can pick up keys and you will be asked for photo ID.
- Keys can only be picked up during office hours:
If applicable, electric must be transferred into your name on the lease start date. Duquesne Light: Click here to start new service.
Houses: Tenants moving into a Meyers Management house will need to set up both electric and gas on the lease start date. People’s Gas: New or Transferring Service
To set up internet through comcast, here are the options:
- For personal service, please contact our Comcast Xfinity onsite representative Toni Russell: 412-926-7836 or email@example.com
- Visit our website at Xfinity.com
- Call us at 1-800-XFINITY (800-934-6489) & 1-800-COMCAST (800-266-2278)
- Visit one of Xfinity stores nearby: xfinity.com/local
- Self-Install: 1-855–OK-BEGIN (855-652-3446) or comcast.com/activate
- Student Offer – Valid till 6/30/21 – xfinity.com/student
- Prepaid service options for international residents: xfinityprepaid.com
Sign up for your online maintenance account immediately! Just follow this link: Maintenance Instructions
Please make sure to use the same e-mail address that you provided on your application when you create your account.
All maintenance requests must go through our website. Only call our office (412-682-5886) in case of emergencies such as water, fire, smoke and any emergency that requires immediate attention.
- Rent payments can be paid in-person at our office at 4 Bayard Road Unit 1 by check or credit card.
- You can send personal checks in the mail or have your bank set up automatic payments.
- You can pay online after you set up your personal tenant account. Your credit card company may charge a fee, so check out the eCheck option which has a lower fee of $1.50.
Maintaining Your Apartment
Thank you for renting with Meyers Management. As a tenant, you are responsible for the general upkeep of your apartment. In order to get your full security deposit back, you must maintain and clean your apartment. Please remember to:
- Vacuum your carpet regularly, and sweep and mop hard floors including kitchen and bathroom floors.
- Remember to clean your kitchen appliances and refrigerator regularly.
- Don’t forget the bathroom! You will need to clean the toilets, sinks, and showers as well.
- Make sure to hang your own shower curtain to avoid water damage on the floor.
- Take all garbage to the appropriate trash room. Trash should not overflow in the apartment as this can attract bugs and affect your neighbors.
We do inspect the apartments during the year, as written in the lease agreement. If the apartments are not maintained and cleaned, that is considered a breach of your lease agreement. We want to ensure the best living experiences for all the tenants throughout the entire building. Thank you for your cooperation.
Move-Outs at Our City Properties
Please read the following information regarding move-outs.
- All keys must be returned to our office at Amberson Gardens at 4 Bayard Road Unit 1. The keys must be in an envelope with your name and current address on the envelope. Next, tenants must fill out this form and place in an envelope so that we can process your security deposit: Move Out Form
- Security deposits will be sent as a check in the mail within 30 days after your lease end date.
- If you return your keys after hours, they can be placed in the Drop Box outside of the office door at 5 Bayard Road. Keys cannot be left in your apartment or in the garage if you live at Schenley Properties. We may not receive them which could complicate the return of your security deposit.
- Please make sure to leave your apartment in a broom swept condition free of damages if you wish to receive your full security deposit (minus the automatic cleaning charges).
- You cannot leave any furniture or other items in your apartment. If you do, you will be charged a removal fee.
- Mail Forwarding: Make sure to forward your mail to your new address through the post office: https://www.usps.com/manage/forward.htm